Qualified 501(c)(3) charities can apply for funds from The Plus Projec+ through April 30, 2020
- The Plus Projec+ seeks to fund organizations and/or programs that are addressing or plan to address current, emerging and/or unmet needs with regard to the LGBTQ+ community. There are no restrictions on age or other demographics of population to be served, though reviewers will give special consideration to projects addressing marginalized populations within the LGBTQ+ community (seniors, youth, transgender individuals, people of color, immigrants, refugees, etc.).
- The Plus Projec+ does not have a restriction on the size or scope of an organization applying for funding, as long as the proposed project or initiative is focused on services for the LGBTQ+ community. Applicants may request unrestricted funding for ongoing work or may request funds for a specific program or initiative. Plus Projec+ will consider proposals for established organizations/programs and innovative start-up programs or projects if those projects will address unmet needs, under-served members of the LGBTQ+ population and/or otherwise fill a gap in existing services in the Tampa Bay region.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofits.
- The Plus Project+ expects to fund projects and/or organizations in the $10,000 range.
- The funding application is available on the Community Foundation's online grants portal through April 30.
- If you have not applied for a Community Foundation of Tampa Bay grant before, you will need to create an account.
- If your organization already has an account in the Foundation's portal and you would like to be added as a contact, please contact Jessica Scites, Coordinator, Grants Management and Reporting at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 609-4865.